Sick and New Barn Care Unit of Pediatrics Department of GSVM Medical College Hallet has a capacity of 24 beds but at present more than 100 children are admitted here. A mock drill was organized here on Saturday evening, in which only 12 fire extinguishers have been installed to deal with the fire, but even the medical staff posted here could not run it. If a major accident happens in the pediatric department, then the situation can be horrifying.
Hallett is not even taking lessons from other cities of the country
Recently, four children died of burns due to a short circuit fire in the SNCU of Hamidia Hospital, Bhopal. But even the medical college administration is not taking any lessons from this accident. When this accident happened in this hospital in Bhopal, more than 40 children were admitted there. After the accident of fire there, the SNCU of Pediatrics came to know on finding out the fact that there are four times the capacity of the children. From above, outside the NICU also there is a crowd for 24 hours. There are no fire safety systems and no hydants. At present, work is being done with 12 fire extinguishers, but the hospital staff does not know how to operate them.
Empty buckets are hanging in the Department of Pediatrics…
In hospitals and offices, buckets are filled with sand to put out the fire, but as soon as they enter the Pediatrics Department, the buckets hanging to douse the fire in the gallery are hanging empty. Electrical wires and panels are installed in the gallery itself. Four years ago, a short circuit caught fire in the same department. Despite this, the buckets hanging outside the gallery are filled with garbage instead of sand or sand.