- Even after not becoming the President, Rahul Gandhi will remain the big leader of the party.
- Ashok Gehlot is closest to Sonia and Rahul Gandhi
- Gehlot is also considering political analysis in Shashi Tharoor and Ashok Gehlot.
Congress Presidential Election: This time the election of the National President of Congress has become very confusing. Rahul Gandhi is firm on his insistence that he will not contest elections. However, a section of the Congress continued to try to persuade him. Which is still going on. But now Congress leaders have started saying that Rahul Gandhi will not contest for the post of President. While some leaders are still keeping their hopes on him. In such a situation, what should be believed that Rahul Gandhi’s ..
.. in itself .. yes … the secret is also hidden. Did Rahul Gandhi back down after Shashi Tharoor’s name surfaced or was there some other reason behind it. You will get the answer of all these questions. Let us explain to you through political analysts that if not Rahul Gandhi, then who can be the next president.
Political affairs analyst Harshvardhan Tripathi says that the way PM Narendra Modi and BJP have made familyism an issue and put Congress in trouble by saying that it has no option for national president other than Gandhi family. This puts huge moral pressure on Rahul Gandhi. That is why Rahul Gandhi wants an outsider to become the President of Congress. Rahul Gandhi is firm on this point. However, Sonia Gandhi was trying to make Rahul the president. That is why a section of the party was busy in persuading Rahul Gandhi at his behest. But now it does not seem that Rahul Gandhi will contest the elections.
If not Rahul then who is the next president?
If Rahul Gandhi really does not contest the election of the President, then who will be the next President of Congress. Harshvardhan Tripathi says about this that now two names are coming out of the Congress. One of Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and the other from Kerala, Congress Lok Sabha MP and former Union Minister Shashi Tharoor. But among them, Ashok Gehlot will have the upper hand. There is every possibility that Gehlot will become the national president of the party. Because he is also very close to Rahul and Sonia Gandhi and is a person who walks on the party line. He has experience in both government and organization. He is a grassroots leader of Congress. His stand towards Modi and Shah has always been in line with the stand of the Gandhi family. While Tharoor has praised Modi and Shah many times. Tharoor is well educated and well versed in foreign affairs. But he is not a grassroots leader. He comes from elite class. So it is difficult for him to become the national president. According to Tripathi, Shashi Tharoor is not even close to Sonia and Rahul Gandhi. So there is no chance of him becoming the president.
Rahul Gandhi will be the most recognized leader of the party
According to Harshvardhan Tripathi, the President of the Congress may be a person outside the Gandhi family, but the entire command of the party is going to remain with Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi in a way. Rahul Gandhi will intervene in all important matters. On the other hand, SK Tripathi, another expert on political matters, says that it has happened many times that the party president has been someone else and the leader is someone else. For example, when Sonia Gandhi was the president, Manmohan Singh was the PM. Similarly, whoever the president is, the prime ministerial candidate will remain Rahul Gandhi from the Congress. Because Congress workers from all over the country want to see Rahul as the Prime Minister if the UPA government is formed. Therefore, the leadership will remain with Rahul Gandhi. He said that Rahul Gandhi’s post is not gluttonous. That’s why he is not contesting for the president’s election. If he wanted, he could have become PM in UPA-1 and UPA-2.
Political career of Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi entered politics for the first time in March 2004 and announced to contest the Lok Sabha elections from Amethi.
- Amethi was the work place of his father Rajiv Gandhi, uncle Sanjay Gandhi and mother Sonia Gandhi.
- In the year 2004 to 2009 and 2014, he was elected MP for three consecutive terms.
- In 2014, Smriti Irani of BJP contested against him, but lost.
- In 2019, Smriti Irani defeated Rahul Gandhi by a margin of about 50 thousand votes from Amethi.
- Earlier in the year 2007, Rahul Gandhi had been made the National General Secretary of the Congress.
- In January 2013, he was made the national vice-president of the party for the first time.
- On 16 December 2017, Rahul Gandhi was elected the President of the Congress party.
- No one could do wonders in the 2014 and 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
- Finally on 3 August 2019, he resigned from the post of National President.
- He is a graduate of Howard University in Florida and an MPhil in Philosophy from Cambridge.
Shashi Tharoor’s Political Career
- Shashi Tharoor first started his political career in 2009.
- Contested Lok Sabha elections from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- Tharoor has been winning from this seat continuously in the years 2009, 2014 and 2019.
- He has worked for the United Nations for nearly 27 years.
- He has been the Minister of State for External Affairs of India and Minister of State for Human Resource Development in the Manmohan Singh government.
- Tharoor has also been a former Ambassador of India.
- He was born on 9 March 1956 in London.
- He lives in Thiruvananthapuram and Delhi.
- Graduated from St Stephen’s College, Delhi.
- He is MA and MALD and PhD from USA.
- As of 2013, he was the politician with the most followers on Twitter.
- In the year 2014, PM Modi left him behind.
Political career of Ashok Gehlot
- For the first time in the year 1977, contested the Vis election from Sardarpura in Rajasthan but lost.
- Won the Lok Sabha elections from Jodhpur in the year 1980.
- In 1984, he became a Union Minister for the first time.
- In the year 1993, he returned to Rajasthan and started looking after the organization.
- In 1998, under his leadership, the Congress government was formed in Rajasthan and he became the CM.
- In the year 2008 again became the CM of Rajasthan.
- In 2013, he was made the ICC Secretary General.
- In 2018, he was made the Chief Minister of Rajasthan for the third time.