People Trapped In The Flat Were Brought Down From The Ladder, The Fire Brigade And The Police Team Did The Rescue For 4 Hours
One person’s condition deteriorated due to smoke in the rescue operation
A massive fire broke out at City Cart Shopping Mall located in Old Lucknow’s Nakhas Market on Saturday night. People living in the flat above the mall got trapped. The fire brigade and police took people out safely through ladders. In the rescue operation, the condition of a person deteriorated due to smoke. FSO Chowk RK Yadav brought the man down carrying him on his shoulder. The fire was brought under control late in the night.
Customers were shopping, then smoke started filling
Customers were present in the mall around 9 pm on Saturday night. Suddenly seeing the smoke and flames, people ran outside. Smoke started filling inside the mall. People started pouring water to douse the fire. But, there was no success. The fire brigade vehicle reached from Chowk fire station. CFO Vijay Kumar Singh and Inspector Chowk Ratnesh Singh also joined the rescue operation.
People trapped on the third floor are shouting ‘Save-Save’
The mall has flats on the third and fourth floors. Families live here. People came down the stairs after the fire started. But, after filling the smoke, about 10 people got trapped on the third floor itself. Save… Hearing the noise of the rescue, the fire brigade workers put up a ladder from outside. With the help of this, four people were brought down, while some people were safely taken to the roof of the mall.
fire was caused by short circuit
People started pouring water to douse the fire.
Kamber Mirza, who lived on the fourth floor of the mall, became unconscious due to the smoke. FSO RK Yadav reached upstairs amid the flames. From there, Kamber lifted Mirza on his shoulder and rescued him with the help of an employee and brought him down. Rescue operations were going on till late night. Short circuit is said to be the cause of the fire. Now on Monday, the fire brigade department will prepare a report on the cause of the fire.