A massive fire broke out in a shopping mall in the capital Lucknow on Saturday night. One worker fainted after bursting into flames. Four families were also engulfed in flames on the last floor of the building. The fire brigade personnel played on their lives and rescued the people.
City Cart Mart has been inaugurated on the day of Dhanteras at Nakhas Bazar in old Lucknow. Preparations were on to close the mart on Saturday night when suddenly the flames broke out. There was panic seeing the fire. People ran out for their lives. Some workers were engulfed in flames trying to douse the fire. Fire brigade reached on information but by then the fire had become severe. The fire brigade personnel broke the windows by installing ladders from outside and somehow sprayed water. The fire was brought under control after an hour’s effort, but by then the goods worth lakhs of rupees had been burnt to ashes.
Soldiers saved lives by playing on their lives
When the fire brigade reached, it was found that the mart on the second floor and flats on the third floor were built in the three-floor building. Some employees in the mart and four families living in the flat are trapped inside. On this, the fire service personnel entered inside by applying breathing operation and took out the people by playing on their lives. Mart employee Pyambar Mirza was unconscious due to the smoke. Chowk Fire Station Officer RK Yadav brought him out from the middle of the fire carrying him on his shoulder and sent him to the hospital.