This is not the first time that the name of a station or city has been changed. Governments have been doing this from time to time. Before the Yogi government, the practice of changing the name has been in practice even in the SP and BSP government. Know about the names of the places changed in the Yogi government, as well as have a look at the naming done in the previous governments.
Jhansi railway station, which was a witness from the freedom struggle till independence, will now be known as Veerangana Laxmibai. On January 1, this railway station will complete 133. It was inaugurated on January 1, 1889. It was established by the Great Indian Peninsular Railway. On Wednesday, agreeing to the proposal of the Ministry of Home Affairs, the state government has issued a notification to change the name of the station. Now, as soon as the order is received from the Ministry of Railways, the Divisional Railway Administration will start the departmental process of changing the name.
This is not the first time that the name of a station or city has been changed. Governments have been doing this from time to time. Before the Yogi government, the practice of changing the name has been in practice even in the SP and BSP government. BJP cites the reason behind the name change forcibly by foreign invaders. Now let us introduce you to the names of cities, markets and stations in Yogi Sarkar. Along with this, we tell about the names of places changed in the previous governments.
Names of places changed in Yogi Sarkar
- The Urdu market of Gorakhpur is now known as Hindu Bazaar. At the same time, people now call Mian Bazar as Maya Bazar.
- Mughalsarai station was named after Deen Dayal Upadhyay.
- Faizabad is now known as Ayodhya.
- Panki station of Kanpur is now known as Panki Dham.
- The UP Sadan in Delhi has been named as Uttar Pradesh Sadan Triveni.
- UP Bhawan has been renamed as Uttar Pradesh Bhawan Sangam.
- Allahabad city was renamed as Prayagraj. Along with this the names of four railway stations of Prayagraj were changed. Allahabad Junction Prayagraj Junction. Rambagh became Prayagraj Junction. The name of Allahabad Chheoki station was also changed. Prayagraj Ghat is now known as Prayagraj Sangam.