Navratri 2022: Devotion to Shakti will start from 26 September 2022 (Shardiya Navratri 2022 date). On the nine days of Shardiya Navratri, worship and rituals of Mother Durga will be performed. The importance of Ghatasthapana on the first day of Shardiya Navratri is as much as the recognition of Akhand Jyoti. In Navratri, many people light the Akhand Jyoti in their homes or pandals.
unbroken light (Akhand JyotiThere is a law to keep it burning continuously for the whole 9 days. To burn the Akhand Jyoti means to dedicate oneself completely to the worship of Maa Durga. While there are many benefits of lighting an Akhand Jyoti, it also has some strict rules. If these are not followed, the goddess may become angry. Let’s know the benefits, rules and mantras of burning Akhand Jyoti
How to light a Akhand Jyoti? (Navratri Akhand Jyoti Vidhi)
- Akhand Jyoti is lit by Ghatasthapana in a large pot of brass or earthenware. It has to be kept burning for 9 days without extinguishing it. Take care that the earthen pot should not be broken.
- Do not keep the lamp on the ground. Make an octagon at the puja post and place a pot of Akhand Jyoti in front of the idol of Maa Durga.
- Use cow’s ghee in the Akhand Jyoti. If there is no ghee, then a lamp of pure mustard or sesame oil can also be lit. Keep the lamp on the right side of the idol of Goddess, if there is an oil lamp, then it should be placed on the left side of the idol of Goddess Durga.
- Before lighting the Akhand Jyoti, take a vow to worship the Goddess with a sincere heart for 9 days. Before lighting the flame, remember the first revered Ganesh ji, Shankar-Parvati. Ignite it with the prayer of wish fulfillment.
Rules for lighting the Akhand Jyoti (Navratri Akhand Jyoti Niyam)
- The wick of Akhand Jyoti is made from Rakshasutra i.e. Kalava. Do not light the flame with a cotton wick. Make sure the wick is big enough to last for 9 days. Place it in the middle of the lamp. The lamp lamp is not changed again and again. Extinguishing the Akhand Jyoti is not considered auspicious.
- To protect the flame of the lamp from the wind, keep a mesh lid on the Akhand Jyoti or cover the glass chimney. Every day the wick of the lamp will have to be raised a little, which the lamp does not extinguish, but in the process the lamp can be extinguished, so as a precaution, light a small lamp. This will represent a monolithic lamp.
- Once the eternal flame is lit, never leave it alone. To keep it burning continuously, keep adding ghee or oil to the lamp so that the lamp does not get extinguished. Put sufficient quantity of ghee and oil in the lamp even before sleeping at night.
- Keeping the Akhand Jyoti in the igneous angle is considered auspicious. At the time of worship, keep the face of the Jyoti in the east or north direction.
- Never touch the Akhand Jyoti with unclean hands. Take special care of purity in it. All the members of the house should eat sattvik food and follow celibacy.
- Do not try to extinguish the Akhand Jyoti by yourself after the completion of 9 days of Navratri. Let it extinguish itself.
Benefits of lighting Akhand Jyoti (Navratri Akhand Jyoti Benefit)
- Through Jyot, devotees try to reach their reverence to the deities. By lighting an unbroken flame in the house during Navratri, one gets the blessings of all the work accomplished. There is happiness and peace in the family.
- The negative energy of the house is destroyed by the light of Akhand Jyoti. Darkness means that the tension ends from life and there is an increase in positivity.
- Light an unbroken flame for fulfillment of any particular wish and if you follow the rules, then you get auspicious results soon. That work gets completed without any disturbance.
- When the Akhand Jyot is completed, it is said that the remaining ghee or oil should be applied on the body. It is believed that it cures diseases.
- In Navratri, due to the influence of Akhand Jyoti, one gets freedom from the Mahadashi of Shani. Also Vastu defects end
Navratri Akhand Jyoti Mantra
- Om Jayanti Mangala Kali Bhadrakali Kripalini Durga Kshama Shiva Dhatri Swaha Swadha Namostute
- Deepjyoti: Parabrahma: Deepjyoti Janardana: Deepohratime papam sandhyadeepam namostute.
- Shubhan Karotu Kalyanmarogya Happiness Wealth, Shatruvriddhi vishanam cha Deepjyoti: Namostuti.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not endorse any kind of belief, information. Before applying any information or assumption, consult the concerned expert.