Summer Foods: The winter season is over and the spring season has begun. Along with this, there is also a feeling of heat in the day and coolness in the night. In most parts of the country, it starts getting hot from March itself. Just as the winter season is the season for food and drink, it is not so in the summer season. In this season, special care is needed about food and drink. Even a little carelessness is enough to make you sick. In summer, the water in the body becomes less rapidly, so it is necessary to include such things in your diet which are not only full of energy but also help in hydrating the body.
Seasonal fruits should be started as soon as the summer season starts. Along with this, light and digestible food should be taken. Too much spicy or fried food can be injurious to health in summer. Today we will tell you what things you can eat and stay healthy during the summer season.
1. Watermelon – As soon as the summer season starts, watermelons come out in the markets. Eating watermelon in the summer season is very beneficial. It contains 90 percent water, which removes the lack of water in our body. It also heals damaged skin.
2. Coconut Water – Although coconut water is drunk throughout the year, but it is consumed a lot in summer. Coconut water is rich in nutrition and helps to keep the stomach cool.
3. Cucumber – Everyone must have consumed cucumber as a salad in the summer season. Cucumber is very good for skin and hair. Consumption of cucumber also fulfills the lack of water in the body.
4. Lemon Juice – Heat stroke is a common problem in the summer season. In such a situation, consuming lemon water regularly helps in protecting the body from getting dehydrated. Lemon water should be consumed before leaving the house.
5. Buttermilk – Regular consumption of buttermilk in summer keeps the body energized as well as keeps the digestion system healthy. Consumption of buttermilk also helps in cooling the stomach heat. Consumption of curd in this season is also very beneficial.
6. Green Vegetables – We are all aware of the nutrition that the body gets from green vegetables. Eating spinach vegetables is very beneficial in this season. Spinach helps in balancing the body temperature.
7. Khichdi – In summer, it becomes very difficult to digest even a little heavy food. One should avoid taking heavy food especially at night. Instead, eating khichdi prepared with the help of lentils and rice is very beneficial.