Does your face also often look swollen after waking up from sleep? Facial swelling or swelling on the face is a very common problem, which most people face. This problem is seen more in women than in men. Swelling on the face can occur due to many reasons such as lack of sleep, excessive alcohol and cigarette consumption, stress, sleeping incorrectly, etc. Sometimes the face swells due to some diseases or injury on the face. The sooner this problem is resolved, the better, because it does not make the face look good either. Sometimes pain and strain are also felt due to excessive swelling.
What is swelling in the face
stylecrase According to a report published in this article, there is a problem of swelling in the face due to inflammation or fluid buildup in the tissues of the face. It is also called facial edema. Swelling usually occurs around the lips, cheeks, eyelids. Sometimes it also increases in the parts of the neck. Apart from the reasons mentioned above, some people also get swollen face due to allergies. The face can swell due to allergic reactions due to medicines, food, insects, pollen grains etc. Along with face swelling, you may also have sneezing, cough, red eyes, runny nose, itchy nose or throat.
Remedies to get rid of facial swelling
- When you wake up and your face looks swollen, first wash your face with cold water.
- Place a piece of cucumber on the swollen area, if you want, you can also apply its juice with the help of cotton.
- Do some facial exercises, so that the blood circulation in the face remains correct.
- Applying an ice pack on the swollen area also reduces swelling.
- Apply an over-the-counter cream to reduce swelling.
- Use an antihistamine to relieve swelling caused by an allergic reaction.
- Get as much rest as possible, as this can reduce the swelling.
when to see a doctor
If the problem of swelling does not end on its own in a day and it persists for several days, then one should definitely visit the doctor. Especially when some other symptoms also start appearing-
- rash, swollen limbs
- to be confused
- trouble swallowing
- difficulty breathing
- nasal congestion
Remedies to avoid swelling of face
- avoid sleeping on your stomach
- Eat less processed or salty food before bedtime
- Drink more water and other fluids
- Avoid things to which you are allergic
- reduce alcohol intake
- Eat a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, fiber, whole grains